Social Work p.r.n.
is a nationwide professional social work company that provides:
- Temporary Staffing
- Temp-To-Perm Staffing
- Permanent Placement
- Clinical Social Work Supervision
- Training and Education
Our customers include: medical and behavioral health care hospitals, addiction treatment centers, outpatient, partial hospitalization and day treatment programs, family and children services agencies, Employee Assistance Programs, managed care companies, government agencies, long term care facilities, rehabilitation centers, HMO's, hospice, home health agencies, schools, prisons, community service providers, HIV/AIDS Services, residential facilities and any other agency that would utilize a social worker.
Companies utilize our services for:
- To fill gaps in staffing
- Holiday coverage
- Vacations/family leaves
- Interim staffing
- Program start up
To find out more about what we have to offer, see Our Products & Services.
Social Work p.r.n.
is a social work owned and operated company started in 1988 under the company name, Joan Upshaw and Associates. In 1992, we trademarked the name Social Work p.r.n. "PRN" is Latin for pro re nata or "under the circumstances". Hence, our name Social Work "as needed".
Believing that social work and business ideas make a great meld, Joan K. Upshaw, LSCW, developed Social Work p.r.n. as a demonstration project for the social work profession.
Core values . . .
- Businesses are built on relationships
- Relationship-building is paramount to the success of our business
- People, specifically, our employees and affiliate staff, are our most valuable resource
- Consistent validation of a person's contributions helps a person feel valued
- "Growing people" is both good for persons and for the organizations for which they labor
- Persons are entitled to be "whole people" with "whole lives" even though they work at jobs AND …
- The concept of "fit" holds that the relationship between employer and worker helps meet the needs of both parties and "fit" is vital in placing workers into jobs.
Social Work prn was built as a social work business that could integrate these values and serve as a resource for both settings and social workers.
Social Work p.r.n. has grown over 20 years to include 15 offices throughout the United States offering services in Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington D.C., Boston, Chicago, Denver, Miami, Houston, Jackson, Kansas City, New Hampshire/Vermont, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York, Philadelphia, and St. Louis.
To contact the office location nearest you, see our home page for office locations or call our Corporate Office at 800-595-9648 for more information.
Not finding your location/city and would like to explore temporary or permanent social work opportunities; please contact Margaret at 314.963.3155or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org . On occasion, we will have work available outside of our local office areas.